A place for all things I love...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

home improvement

So Jeremy & I are really enjoying our new casa. But with any rental or home you haven't built yourself there are going to be some things that just aren't quite your taste..
Like our upstairs guest bathroom.. Pastel pink wallpaper just isn't for me.. Unfortunately our previous owners loved wallpaper & have it in almost every room. Even though we are not fans of it since we are not sure how long we will be living here we don't want to put too much effort into sprucing it up. We did decide however to rip off this wallpaper since it was a small space & my mother really wanted to help since she said she enjoys pulling down wallpaper..
Of course some of my other sweet family members helped as well. Including Meg, my dad, & Jaxon. Excuse the weird yellow lighting in all these photos.
The process wasn't so bad as the wallpaper came off pretty smoothly but between all of the time spent by everyone it would have taken me 12 hours to do on my own! Yikes. SOOOO SOOO glad to have my family help!
Here is the after:
 So much better right?? It was also fun to finally get out all our wedding gifts & use them in our house. Funny though some of the stuff I registered for almost 3 years ago is totally out of style now. ha

So my next big project & the one I am most excited about is finishing the nursery for our little guy!
This will be his room but I really didn't want the clouds & cream moldings. (Or the hideous light for that matter) I should note there were also clouds painted on the ceiling that I didn't get a picture of. So with the help of my sister in law Erin's expertise I had all the supplies & instructions to paint a room. I was really nervous since I have never painted before. Luckily my cousin Brooke who lives just a couple of houses away has painted before & came to my rescue!
Last Saturday Brooke came over & we painted our little hearts out. Jer helped here & there, but didn't seem to enjoy it as much as we did. (Apparently there was a show on lifetime that he was really interested in & keep leaving to watch it.. What a weirdo??) Honestly the prep work & ceiling were the hardest part, after that was finished Brooke & I breezed thru the process. Then after a tasty lunch break of Cafe Rio my dad with a little help from my mom & Jaxon really knocked out the second coat of paint. We tried to convince my mom that painting was more fun than ripping down wallpaper but she wouldn't buy it & chose to just assist my dad by handing him the paint brush when he was up doing the ceiling & molding. Again I can't thank Brooke & my family enough for the help! Here is the after:
So I know these pictures of a white wall are kinda boring, but I wanted to show the progress before I do a stencil on one wall & move in all his furniture.
 So there you have it, my first paint job :) Have to say I actually enjoyed it! Later this week we are going to paint a stencil on one of the walls & I can't wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully as awesome as I have imagined it in my head :)
Now to showcase the weirdest room in our new house, meet the bunny room!
So seriously one of the creepiest things ever! I want to paint it, but since we don't know how long we are staying & right now it is just an extra room I can't decide if it's worth the hassle. Jeremy is totally against painting it because he thinks it is so funny. Actually I'm starting to feel like it's an animals rights protest as most of our family & friends are trying to "save" the bunny room from getting painted! I guess we shall see.. What is your vote? Would you be as sad as my husband to see the bunnies disappear? 

5 comments:

  1. Totally creepy! Haha. I would paint it, then you can actually use it. Otherwise I would just pile all of my random crap in there. I'm excited to see your little man's nursery though. I'm sure its going to be darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. case girl! where did you move to? we need to get together soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the stencil! The bunny room is so creepy you can't even use it for a toy room for the little guy! it will scare him! Good to see you the other day!, cute pregnant girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the nursery!! Make sure you post it! As far as the bunny room goes...yikes!! How about you post a recent baby bump too eh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg the bunny room. that is hilarious. can't wait to see the finished nursery!

    ReplyDelete