A place for all things I love...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My sweet Ella Lou

my dear grammie passed away last wednesday the 27th of July at the age of 84. I have been dreading this post & kept putting it off (obviously by the huge gap in posts) because how do you describe the great memories & love you have for someone as sweet as your grandmother? Even though my sweet grannie was old & I knew she was nearing the end, it was still pretty difficult to wrap my head around the thought that she would no longer be here. The thing that gives me the most joy about her passing is thinking about the sweet reunion she is having with her husband (my grandpa) who had passed away almost 30 years ago. I can't wait for the day that I will be with them and my cousin Courtney again in heaven.
The viewing & funeral were beautiful, and it was so peaceful to have all our immediate and extended family there. I love the Potter clan & always enjoy being with them. I hope even though both my grandparents are gone that we will continue to get together as a family.
I kept thinking at the funeral how hard it must have been for my dad losing his father at around my age. I surely hope my parents live to be 101 because I just don't know what I would do without them.
My favorite "crying cousins" Haley & Brooke. I knew I could count on them to cry with me so I wasn't the only one :)
My grandma's favorite color was purple & so it was very fitting that all of her flowers were purple. Pretty sure she would have worn purple everyday if she could :)
I will miss my Ella Lou very much, but know she lives on in our family through all of our fond memories & things she has taught us. My Ella Lou was the kindest person I have ever met. She was as sweet as the candy she loved so much. I always loved to play at her house when I was younger with my cousins Haley & Courtney, & will never forget the memories there. I will treasue all the funny things she said and sang about as she was nearing the end. She was just so happy & cute :)
I love you Grandma Potter!
You will be in my heart, until we meet again..
you can read her obituary here

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad to see these pictures, it makes me cry. Thanks to posting them!

    ReplyDelete