A place for all things I love...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back from Europe

I have mixed feelings about this, but I am finally back from Europe! It has been really rough adjusting back to this time zone. I have mainly been walking around like a zombie while doing loads & loads of laundry. The task of blogging about my trip of two weeks with over 2,000 pictures feels very daunting, but I think I am finally ready to get started.
First I just want to mention how grateful I am that I got the chance to go on this amazing trip of a lifetime. We had so much fun with our friends & couldn't have had better travel agents to get everything set in place for us.
Just to recap everywhere we went:

Rome, Italy (1 1/2 days)
Cinque Terre, Italy (1 day)
Florence, Italy (1 1/2 days)
Lake Como, Italy (1 day)
Venice, Italy (1 1/2 days)
Grindelwald, Switzerland (3 days)
Paris, France (3 days)
 Also 2 full days of travel which I will discuss later.

There are so many million things I miss being back home, but there are a few things I didn't love in Europe.. Might as well get all the negatives out as there are way more positives!

* I am so glad to be back to fresh air. EVERYONE in Europe smokes! We even saw what looked like jr high age kids smoking, it is so sad. (Minus Switzerland which is super spacious with fresh air) It really is awful, & because I'm not used to it I really can't tolerate the smell of smoke. Not even kidding some of the time I would have to plug my nose like a 5 yr old. Ewww. 

*Queen/king sized beds. I kid you not they do not have anything bigger than two twin beds pushed together. Because all furniture usually has to be brought in thru a window they can only fit in twin beds. Jeremy & I often found ourselves falling in the crack of what claimed to be a "queen" bed.

*I do not miss public transportation. Don't get me wrong it's a fast & efficient way to get from place to place but I look forward to not seeing a train or subway any time soon! We had to ride them often on our trip & I defiantly did not enjoy the anxiety of running to catch our next connection or looking at confusing maps trying to figure out our next stop. I have never been a fan of even public transportation so I am very glad to be back to riding in Jeremy's truck. :)
*Warm drinks. This one I don't really understand, but no drink ever came with ice! Seems simple to me but who knows why they don't like to freeze water?
Well that's about it, up next Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment